Saturday, August 1, 2009

A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more.


On Friendship Day, I offer you my love, wishes, prayers and this ageless poem on the beauty of friendship.

When to the session of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of things past,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
And with old woes new wail my dear time's waste:
Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow,
For precious friends hid in deathšs dateless night,
And weep afresh love's long since canceled woe,
And moan the expense of many a vanishšd sight:
Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er
The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan,
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.

William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment