Thursday, December 3, 2009

You, Me and a Beautiful Us


Hope you all are doing fine.

Today, I am writing with a definitive purpose of making things beautiful for others and myself. I have been working as a secretary to a Senior Cardiologist in the country. My job profile is just like any other secretaries. I take appointments, make the patients comfortable, file their docs, make computer entries, counsel them, help them expedite their whole process in the hospital. In addition, I do all secretarial job to my boss, which I simply love.

I have a decent place to sit with a Flatron monitor, internet connection, hospital network system software and all that takes. However, I have been thinking to do things little differently for the patients and my boss. It should be something that the patients feel good about and the whole hospital experience should be a very pleasant one at the end of the day. I already try to keep flowers, candies, cookies, cuddles, magazines, booklets, sanitizers, medicines.. for the patients and children and make my utmost effort to be empathetic and make the people feel good. Still, I just cannot be content. I really want to go a step ahead and make people feel good and make the experience a really nice one.

May be more of all these and some fun stuffs like puzzles, sudokus can make a difference. Still working on it....

Huggles

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing so much by the sound of it Mimpi! there is not much more one can do in a hospital environment. Maybe you should start a new hobby or something, it is usually in the personal side of one's life that the discontentment starts to set in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could be right Shaheen. But i wish I could really channelise this into something constructive. If only I had little more time....bad time management. *laughs*

    ReplyDelete