Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My content copied and plagiarized!!!

I was shocked to see an article on a networking site which had been copied verbatim by someone anonymous from a recent article that I had posted on a different forum. While my reactions range from disbelief to anger, I am wondering how to react to this!

I know, it's a vast world of internet where we can hardly check things and figure out about this kind of cheating. At the most, we can have the user banned but then what? He can pop us again with a different user name! With virtually ineffective cyber laws and little understanding and knowledge about the execution, we have to just wait for some well wisher who might just point out that you have been copied and plagiarised.

It feels bad to know that people are cowardly not to give credit and also not to have their own ideas expressed. We all are individuals with beautiful original ideas and it doesn't take much, does it! They not only do something unethical but also lose their original thoughts and creativity.

I have been lucky. the admin not only have removed the post but also have sufficiently warned the user. Sometimes, people do it out of ignorance as well. Anything on internet is free - that's what they think. I just wish they come of age and do not spoil the internet and try to write their original stuffs.

Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. This is terrible Mimpi! why do people do such things :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that such a thing has happened to one of your posts - this seems to be a common occurrence on the Internet.

    A few years back during my zazen (Zen meditation) one morning, I was feeling a lot of pain and discomfort accompanied by feels of anger and regret over a variety of things that had happened to me in my life. This is what I have learned by focusing on that and similar experiences since...

    It came into my mind that the pain I experience is nothing personal, and I noticed just how much more focused my mind and awareness is during periods of pain and discomfort. The pain could be emotional or physical or a combination of both and opening myself up to it was doing me a service. Aiding my zazen. The more uncomfortable I was feeling, the more I was focusing my mind in the hara (a point in the lower abdomen that is focused on during zazen).

    I realize in life that I do not own anything except my awareness and that the state of trust, regardless of how many times I feel I have been cheated, is a more spiritual "place" to live. These fools who run around cheating people thinking how clever they are, are sad people who are only cheating themselves.

    Zen only poses questions that I have to answer myself. So what I do about what I judge is to just observe what I am judging realizing that there is nothing I can do about what's been done. It is so. I then continue to judge and condemn their actions, observing such judgment and condemnation, and then it stops. By this point I am usually getting into a state of mind where I can see that I have to work through the karma that I have created through the past. Sometimes though, it feels as if I am totally sucked into this karma and am lost. But this is an illusion. Zen says, "do nothing".. But how do I do this? This the koan (unanswerable question) for the ego, this is is what I have to answer time and time again, until this karma is exhausted and I get the real answer, experientially. :-) Derek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Derek for this. I really needed this. I thunk the cheats are losers for they, as you have said, are cheating themselves. How sad!

    ReplyDelete